Tip of the Month
Both Howard and Karen Pancoast like to continue to add to their own skill repertoire. We assume that our students and interested musician friends also want to continue to grow. Therefore, every month we will post a tip of the month relating to some skill building or development a piano player might be interested in. Check back each month for new information.
Click to open or download the PDF file. You will need Adobe Reader to open the file – if you don’t already have it (and most computers do) you can download it free of charge.
- January – Chord Progressions Part 5 – Chromatic Chords
- February – Video Tip of the Month: Improvisation 1
- March – Video Tip of the Month: Improvisation 2
- April – Video Tip of the Month: Improvisation Lesson 3
- May – Free form Improvisation on C Scale Chords
- June – Free Form Scale Chords in F
- August – Improv 6 – Free form improv using G scale chords
- Setember – Improv 7 Pachelbel Canon in D chord progression improvisation
- March – Simple left hand accompaniment patterns for lead sheets or fake songs.
- April – Free Piano Sheet Music to download (mostly classical).
- May – Getting More Out of Czerny
- June – Creating Your Own Technique Exercises – Turns
- Listen to "Turn Practice"
- July – Right Hand Improvising – Part 1
- Listen to "Right Hand Improvising Part 1"
- August – How to Play Fast Scales
- September – Chord Progressions – Basic Harmony
- October – Chord Progressions, Part 2– Scale Chord Harmony
- November – Chord Progressions, Part 3 – Substitute Chord Harmony
- December – Chord Progressions Part 4 – Circle of Fifths